This program promotes bicycle commuting. The Yolo TMA has received funding from the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District to incentive new bicycle commuters.
The Rideshare Incentive Program (TRIP) will provide a financial incentive of $25 per month for three months to commuters who commit to riding their bicycle as their primary mode of transportation during commute times. If a participant purchases a new commute bicycle, the Yolo TMA will match the first $25 incentive with a $25 rebate check. At the end of the three month period, if the cyclist has used their bicycle commute alternative at least ten (10) days per month over the three month period, they will receive a coupon toward a bicycle tune-up from a local bicycle shop selected by the Yolo TMA (such as Foy’s in Woodland or B&L Bike Shop in Davis). Maximum coupon value will be $50 per participant.
1. Any individual may apply to receive an incentive under this program, providing the individual is an employee of a Yolo TMA Member in good standing. "Employee" is defined as any person paid to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, that had been employed by the TMA Member for a minimum of three months.
2. Qualified applicants will be selected based on a review of received applications.
3. Each person receiving a bicycle commute incentive will agree to submit a monthly report showing approximately how much the bicycle is used for commuting in Yolo County.
4. Incentives are limited to one per individual in any one calendar year.
5. Bicycles must be purchased from an established vendor, no private 2-party agreements will be allowed.
6. Participants purchasing a new bicycle shall visit a local bike shop (such as B&L Bike Shop in Davis, CA). Internet and mass retail, for instance, Wal-Mart, Target, BX, etc... receipts will not be accepted since a visit to a bike shop is educational and necessary to determine correct bike size and features.
7. Have your Employee Transportation Coordinator sign the application prior to faxing this quote to 530-669-6835. Applications will also be accepted by mail.
P. O. Box 969
Woodland, CA 95695