PUBLIC TRANSIT INCENTIVE PROGRAM
This program promotes the use of public transit. The Yolo TMA has received funding from the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District to incentivize commuters to change their commute habits by taking one of many forms of public transit. The Rideshare Incentive Program (TRIP) provides a financial incentive of $30 per month for two months to twenty (20) commuters who change their SOV commute pattern and purchase a transit pass valid on local service (Yolobus, Sacramento Regional Transit, Unitrans, Para transit or Capitol Corridor/Amtrak). Only one service payment per rider is allowed.
TRIP participants who stay with their public transit (bus) for a period of one year and use their rideshare alternative at least ten (10) days per month, will receive a bonus incentive $75 and a $25 certificate to a local bookstore chosen by the Yolo TMA (such as The Avid Reader in Davis).
TRIP participants who stay with their public transit (train) for a period of one year and use their rideshare alternative at least ten (10) days per month, will receive a bonus incentive of $75 and a certificate for a weekend-day round-trip excursion for two to San Francisco (from either Sacramento or Davis) aboard Amtrak (value estimated at $25).
2. Qualified applicants will be selected based on a review of received applications.
3. Each person receiving a transit incentive will agree to submit a report showing approximately how many trips were taken by public transit for commute and non-commute trips in and through Yolo County.
4. Incentives from this program are limited to one per individual in any one calendar year.
5. Applicants must purchase a valid monthly pass and utilize the transit service (or services) a minimum of forty percent (40%) of their traditional commute time. Non-commute trips are also highly encouraged.
6. Have your Employee Transportation Coordinator sign the application prior to submitting the reimbursement form to: