Public Transit Incentive Program
This program promotes the use of public transit. Commuters who drive alone and choose to switch to commuting by way of a local transit service (Yolobus, Sacramento Regional Transit, Unitrans, Paratransit, or Capitol Corridor/Amtrak) may be eligible to receive financial incentives through The Rideshare Incentive Program (TRIP). Qualified applicants will receive a financial incentive of $30 per month for two months towards the purchase a monthly transit pass.
TRIP participants, who commute by bus for a period of one year and at least 10 days per month, will receive a $75 bonus incentive and a $25 certificate to a local bookstore chosen by the Yolo TMA (such as The Avid Reader in Davis).
TRIP participants, who commute by train at least 10 days per month for a period of one year, will receive a bonus incentive of $75 and a certificate for a weekend-day roundtrip excursion for two to San Francisco (from either Sacramento or Davis) aboard Amtrak. The certificate has an estimated value of $25
Guidelines for Participation
- Any Yolo TMA member employee may apply to receive an incentive under this program, provided that the employee is paid to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and has been employed by a member business for a minimum of three months.
- Individuals must submit an application to be eligible for the public transit incentive program.
- Applicants must have been commuting alone by car prior to purchasing a valid monthly transit pass.
- Each person receiving a transit incentive will agree to submit a survey showing approximately how many trips were taken by public transit for commute and non-commute trips in and through Yolo County.
- Incentives from this program are limited to one per individual in any one calendar year.
- Applicants must purchase a valid monthly pass and utilize the transit service (or services) a minimum of forty percent (40%) of their traditional commute time. Non-commute trips are also highly encouraged.
- Participants who purchase a transit pass must submit a receipt for reimbursement with application.
- Your Employee Transportation Coordinator must sign the application prior to submittal.
- Incentives are limited; submitting an application does not ensure funding.