Pedestrian Incentive Program
This program promotes walking to work. Commuters who drive alone and choose to switch to walking as a commute mode may be eligible to receive a financial incentive through The Rideshare Incentive Program (TRIP). Qualified applicants, who walk to and from work a minimum of one (1) mile each way (and at least half their commute distance per month), will receive a financial incentive of $10.00 per month for three months.
TRIP participants who walk to work at least ten (10) days per month for a period of one year will receive a $50 bonus incentive and a $50 gift certificate from a local, TMA approved, shoe store.
Guidelines for Participation
- Any Yolo TMA member employee may apply to receive an incentive under this program, provided that the employee is paid to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and has been employed by a member business for a minimum of three months.
- Individuals must submit an application to be eligible for the Pedestrian Incentive Program.
- Applicants must have been commuting alone by car prior to walking to work.
- Qualified applicants will be selected based on application review.
- Each recognized participant who receives an incentive agrees to submit a survey showing the approximate number of days the participant walked to and from work.
- Your Employee Transportation Coordinator must sign the application prior to submittal.
- Incentives are limited; submitting an application does not ensure funding.