Bicycle Incentive Program
This program promotes bicycle commuting. Commuters who drive alone and choose to switch to bike commuting may be eligible to receive financial incentives under The Rideshare Incentive Program (TRIP). Qualified applicants who commute by bike will receive a financial incentive of $25 per month for three months. TRIP participants will be eligible to receive an additional $25 rebate check towards the purchase of a new bike.
At the end of the three-month period, cyclists who commuted by bike at least ten (10) days per month for three months will receive a coupon (with a maximum $50 dollar value) toward a bicycle tune-up from a local bicycle shop*.
Use this link to find a Yolo County bicycle map (www.sacregion511.org/bicycling/bikemaps.cfm).
Guidelines for Participation
- Any Yolo TMA member employee may apply to receive an incentive under this program, provided that the employee is paid to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and has been employed by a member business for a minimum of three months.
- Qualified individuals must submit an application to be eligible for the Bicycle Incentive Program.
- Applicants must have been commuting alone by car prior to commuting by bike.
- Each person receiving a bicycle commute incentive will agree to submit a monthly survey showing approximately how much the bicycle is used for commuting in Yolo County.
- Incentives and related programs are limited to one per individual in any one calendar year.
- Bicycles must be purchased from an established vendor; no private two-party agreements will be allowed.
- Participants utilizing the $25 rebate to purchase a new bicycle must visit a local bike shop*. Internet and mass retail vendor (Wal-Mart, Target, BX, etc.) receipts will not be accepted; a visit to a bike shop is educational and necessary to determine correct bike size and features.
- Your Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) must sign your application prior to submittal.
- Incentives are limited; submitting an application does not ensure funding.
* Consult the Yolo TMA to identify bike shops in your area.