Carpool Incentive Program
Carpooling saves on gas and eases traffic and parking congestion. Commuters who drive alone and choose to switch to carpooling may be eligible to receive financial incentives through The Rideshare Incentive Program (TRIP). Qualified applicants will receive a financial incentive of $25 per month for two months.
TRIP participants who remain in their established carpool for a period of one year and carpool at least 10 days per month will receive a bonus incentive of $25, and a certificate for a car wash from a shop selected by the Yolo TMA.
To qualify for this incentive, participants must be registered with SACOG’s Commuter Club program through Yolo TMA.
Guidelines for Participation
- Any Yolo TMA member employee may apply to receive an incentive under this program, provided that the employee is paid to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and has been employed by a member business for a minimum of three months.
- Individuals must submit an application to be eligible for the carpool incentive program.
- Applicants must have been commuting alone by car prior to forming or joining a new carpool.
- Participants that receive an incentive under this program will agree to submit a survey showing the approximate number of commute and non-commute carpool trips.
- Incentives are available to each carpool participant for up to a maximum of four (4) people per carpool.
- TRIP participants are eligible to receive a maximum of $50 in financial incentives per individual (or $200 per vehicle).
- Rotation or substitution of participants in an established carpool is not allowed.
- Incentives are limited; submitting an application does not ensure funding.